Medical Assistant PRN
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Care Now
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
- Clinical responsibilities such as taking vital signs, collecting lab specimens, performing EKG's, and administering IM injections.
- Collecting patient history and documenting EHR appropriately.
- May apply splints, dressings and bandages.
- Assisting with check-in/check-out when needed including auditing charts.
- Maintaining records and logs on activities including in-house lab work, drug screens, and lab work sent out to other labs.
- Keeps patients and visitors informed of clinic progress.
- 1+ year of clinical experience in a patient care setting is highly preferred.
- Experience using an EHR system is extremely helpful.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assistants or completion of an approved program (BOTP) is required.
- Current certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) is preferred.
- Current BLS Certification is required within 30 days of start.
- Must obtain a Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certification and Federal Drug Screening Certification within 3 months of employment or promotion.
- NEVADA ONLY: Must obtain an Office Laboratory Assistant license within 30 days of employment or promotion.