Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Centennial Primary Care
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
- Prepares patient for examination including taking patient histories and vital signs including ensuring all EHR is current.
- Gives injections and handles minor procedures such as collecting specimens, casting, splinting, and applying dressings as applicable.
- Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals including maintaining supplies/equipment and sterilization.
- Assists with managing patient administrative functions including handling patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, collection of copays, and answering phones when needed.
- One year of clinical medical assisting work experience OR possession of an active and unrevoked RMA, CCMA, CMA, NCMA, or NCRMA certification/ABR-OE credentials is required.
- Candidates who have graduated from a medical assisting training program within the last 12 months must obtain a clinical MA certification within 60 days of employment if not currently certified.
- Candidates with one year of clinical MA work experience who do not possess an active and unrevoked MA certification/ABR-OE credentials must obtain MA certification/ABR-OE credentials within one year of employment.
HCA will pay certification exam fees!