Security Officer-Part Time, Midnight
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Night Job
16 hours/week, 12:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m., rotating weekends/holidays. Variable shifts.
- Protects Hospital's patients, visitors, employees, and property.
- Makes periodic inspections of all hospital premises, responds to all calls for assistance, provides public with information, reports sightings of unusual conditions and/or equipment malfunctions to proper authorities.
- Escorts hospital employees and visitors to and from parking lots as required.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current OPOTA certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and perform well under stressful conditions.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills.
- Valid Ohio Driver's License and be insurable under the Hospital's liability policy.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: