Quality Engineer, Digital Photogrammetry
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Sig Sauer
SIG SAUER® world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training - all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise - as those who choose SIG.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team.
- Learn and become a power user in the use of the ATOS 3D Scanner and TRITOP Digital Photogrammetry measurement system developed by GOM.
- Expert authority at product setup, scan, data manipulation, storage and interpretation of data including proper GD&T and any other required standards as defined per print or requested by the business.
- Correct operation-programming of ATOS 3D scanner and TRITOP Digital Photogrammetry measurement systems from OEM (original equipment manufacturer) written instructions and/or training.
- Efficient/effective planning and execution of the Digital Scanning of product to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives.
- Proper storage, exportation, evaluation and reporting of Digital data.
- Professional and competent Interface with other department and suppliers in the reviewing and explanation of inspection data gathered from Digital Scanning.
- Verification of CAD model and 2D print stated dimensions match. Communication to Engineering and submission of AGILE change request to have errors correct when found.
- Using the company operating system to generate inquiries, perform movement of material, create inspection sheets, and any other documents required to perform job duties.
- Development documentation and implement methods of inspection to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives. This includes developing fixtures, gauges and the training of inspectors in the proper use of the Digital Photogrammetry system.
- Communicate effectively to supervision regarding problems and corrective action.
- Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity, and satisfy customer needs and expectations; look for cost reduction and service improvements; eliminate unnecessary or low priority work; initiate and encourage others to resolve impediments and act on improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
- Participate on problem solving teams for driving to root cause of internal and external quality failures, particularly related to prevention of customer escapes
- Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities, including requests for maintenance assistance when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Includes proficiency with surface plate layout techniques with traditional measuring devices (e.g., indicators, height gages, calipers, micrometers)
- 2 years of Higher education, A.A.S. a plus.
- Drawing interpretation specifically advance knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- 3+ years of SolidWorks 3D CAD experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office specifically Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with other similar structured light systems a plus, Zeiss, Hexagon Aicon etc.
- Rudimentary knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function.
- Able to lift to 25 lbs.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for specified activities
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.