Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Arup
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways - engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are currently recruiting a Controls Engineer to join our New York office. During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
As a Controls Engineer, you will learn about and apply the following:
• Direct Digital Control and Programmable Logic Control systems
• Instrument and control device selection development
• System integration, system communication protocols and standards
• Industry trends and developments; interpretation of industry standards and regulatory codes
• Design and implementation of control system applications in coordination with project Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineers
• Coordination and implementation of project specific design activities including Process and Instrumentation and Control diagram development
• Performing evaluations of control system bid and selection
• Reviewing vendor drawings for specification and drawing compliance
• Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
• Construction coordination and support
• System start-up and commissioning
• Monitoring the type of work described above when performed by outside contractor engineers and designers for timeliness and cost effectiveness
• Interface with Operations, Vendors, and Contractors throughout design, construction, and startup
• Attending client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Bachelor's Degree in Controls, Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering
• 6+ years of experience in an engineering-related firm
• PE license
• Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Master's Degree in Controls, Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering
• Membership in ISA, ASHRAE or ASME
• Experience in sustainability, Energy/thermal modeling, AutoCAD drafting with controls/HVAC emphasis and Revit
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Denso North America
Schuback Search Associates
Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.