Information Systems Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by NetApp
Job SummaryAs an Information Systems Engineer you are part of a team that is responsible for design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of NetApp's various functional areas. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand and address customer need and develop implementation plans. Essential Functions:
The Information Systems Engineering group is part of NetApp's IT function and is responsible for a wide range of applications technical expertise. As a part of a team, you will help to ensure that team objectives and project deadlines are met. The essential functions of the team include:
- Analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and operational aspects of Endpoint Engineering tools and systems.
- Service ownership and operation of Microsoft InTune, Active Directory Group Policies, Avecto and other associated endpoint computing systems.
- Acquiring, installing, or upgrading computer components and software
- Providing routine automation, maintaining security policies, training staff and offering technical support for projects.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Ensure client satisfaction and client management.
- Reporting to customers and management on status, resources needs, and projected outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Information Systems Engineering team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Strong experience in vendor management and participation in in depth technical troubleshooting.
- Excellent aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise productivity and communications related technologies (messaging, unified communications, collaboration)
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
- Ability to interface with customers to quickly understand the problem, relate to the customer and remain calm under pressure.
- Scripting and/or programming experience in PowerShell, VBscript etc.
- Experience with software updates/patch management, security patch management, application packaging and distribution.
- Proven ability to mentor junior team members
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field is required; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.