Senior Global Pricing Program Manager
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
Global Sales Operations Team is seeking a strong Pricing Analyst who will support the overall pricing and deal enablement function, which is a dynamic group chartered with providing mission critical support in all aspects of the deal process, including: field pricing governance and guidance, enterprise licensing, contract structure, and deal approvals. The successful candidate will have pricing analysis and modeling, pricing process, systems and operations background with demonstrated experience in supporting a team-based approach, supporting business practices to facilitate field pricing guidance and deal life cycle.
The candidate person must have demonstrated ability to drive global governance and conduct advance pricing analysis and modeling across products and geographies. The candidate must also have proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage and support cross-functional initiatives. The candidate will work closely with members from Product Management and Operations, Sales, Finance, Services, and IT.
- Conduct modeling and impact analysis on new pricing and changes in pricing
- Perform historical analysis on pricing compliance and zone/segment performance
- Partner with Product Management to understand new product introductions, product pricing and structural changes and competitive pricing that may impact field guidance
- Work with Finance to understand margin target goals across various constituencies
- Drive feedback and validation loop with geographies and other stakeholders on proposed changes and impact
- Support current and planned process and system enhancements to help streamline and improve overall pricing process.
- Develop and provide communication and training to sales and functional stakeholder teams.
- Execute on projects and initiatives.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Advance skills in pricing modeling and analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and high-profile deliverables with minimal direct supervision
- Track record of finding opportunities for improvement, recommending solutions, and implementing them
- Solid understanding of Sales, Finance, Product Management and IT processes as they relate to pricing and deal enablement
- Good business acumen, attention to detail with the ability to understand the big picture
- Proven skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Proactive in nature and have the strong capacity to work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including presenting complex concepts in straight-forward ways
- Mastery of Excel and other modeling tools, proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an individual contributor
- Bachelor in Business or Quantitative degree required, Masters preferred
Experience in Pricing, Product Management, Sales Operations, Finance functions
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled