Payroll Operations Manager
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by NetApp
The North America Payroll Operations Manager will ensure that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner for the North America Payroll Team. This role will operate as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and designs and implements those initiatives. Conducts work planning, estimation and prioritization to optimize performance of team and works with Senior Payroll Manager to define standards and reusable approaches for Payroll operations. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility, and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit.
- Manage all aspects of Kronos Timekeeping and TOA (internal time off tool) from Imports/Exports to audit and employee follow up
- International payroll experience in Canada, LatAm (Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Chile)
- Manage immigration issues from a Payroll perspective, such as (but not limited to):
- F1 Visas
- J1 Visas
- Conversions from F1/J1 to H1 Visas
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls and initiatives
- Reporting and Quarterly adjustments for Expatriate and Shadow Payroll
- Tracking of a outstanding tax items, including amendments, penalties and maintenance of new jurisdictions
- Work with HRIS Team on Focal Review process (two phases pertaining to Payroll interface/loads) document process and audits.
- Work with Benefits Team on Deferred Compensation program
- Ad-Hoc reporting requests from Tax, Workers Comp and Grants teams
- Collection of wages (worldwide) and processing of annual Incentive Program Bonus
- Payroll liaison for collection and audit of contributions for semi-annual ESPP purchase
- Manage communications with employees in the case of any overpayments
- Defines standards and reusable approaches within the Payroll operational framework.
- Manage shutdown process, end to end for Payroll working with HRIS, field HR and management
- Cover for team members in back-up role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts.
- Minimum of 8 years of payroll experience in a large (5000+), fast paced company environment. With at least 4 years of experience managing a team of two or more.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) designation preferred
- Experience with ProBusiness/ADP payroll systems.
- Expert level qualifications with R&R Report Writer
- Strong understanding of Payroll Tax laws as they relate to employee payments, equity transactions and immigration issues.
Requirements:·Strong knowledge of payroll programs, including state federal and local tax filings, 401(k) programs, H.S.A. plans, . ·Excellent time management skills ·Excellent written and verbal communication skills. ·Excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. ·Demonstrated project and time management skills. ·Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). ·Ability to work with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality. ·Experience working with Payroll databases. ·Strong and proven analytical skills. ·Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation and proposing solutions.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.