Clinical Nurse Manager Mahoning Valley Surgery
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates delivery of patient care on assigned unit.
Provides direction to the development and evaluation of assigned nursing personnel.
Maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services.
Contributes to nursing and the Hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational efforts, and research efforts.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, and a licensed registered nurse in the State of Ohio. Masters required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience preferably with a pediatric background with demonstrated management and leadership abilities.
- Able to work under stressful situations.
- Possesses good oral and written skills.
- Demonstrates interpersonal relationships in a manner which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolution, and facilitates staff development.
- Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
- PEARS is required for all RNs assigned to general care units.
- PALS, ACLS, TNCC and/or NRP is required for critical care areas, ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services, Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit and Transport within one year of hire.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: