Senior Director, Perfusion Services - Wellspan York Hospital
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by UPMC
Are you a perfusion professional looking to expand your knowledge and grow you career? Do you have a passion for Perfusion services and seek a new challenge? Look no further, apply to the Senior Director of Perfusion Services position today!
UPMC Procirca is excited to announce an opportunity for a Senior Director of Perfusion at Wellspan York Hospital, located in York, Pennsylvania. The successful applicants will join a team of six other perfusionists and two ECMO perfusionists with shared on-call responsibilities.
York, PA is a beautiful city offering many activities for all ages including farmers markets, various city parks with fun programs for adults and youth, cultural venues and performing arts centers, as well as many museums including the famous Historical Society of York County Museum & Library, which offers an insightful look into the history of the city. York also features a minor league baseball team, York Revolution, which plays at the Peoples Bank Baseball Park right in the heart of the city! York, Pa is conveniently located within 60 minutes of Baltimore and 90 minutes of Washington and Philadelphia with a much lower cost of living.
Candidates must be a graduate from an accredited school of cardiovascular perfusion or meet the Grandfather Clause of the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and Pennsylvania Licensing Board. Candidates must be certified or certification eligible by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion. The competitive salary and benefits package for this position is also accompanied by a relocation and sign on incentive.
This Procirca position is responsible for the operational planning, development, design, organization, and management of the Perfusion Services activities at Wellspan York Health System located in York, Pennsylvania. This individual will provide leadership and management while assuring high quality, cost-effective perfusion service and customer care. The Sr. Director will work in collaboration with the WellSpan York Cardiothoracic Medical Director, a hospital based Clinical Administrator, and the Procirca Vice President of Perfusion Operations to guide, develop, and manage the direction of the Perfusion Services and other service lines. This position also has administrative and collaborative responsibilities at WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital located in Lebanon, Pennsylvania.
• FINANCIAL Perform in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors and supports the departmental goals of patient-centered quality care and system improvement with cost awareness and fiscal responsibility. Responsible for the preparation of Perfusion budgets (operating, capital, & productivity) for each individual institution. Achieve financial objectives through frequent examination and justification of departmental budget; by monitoring expenditures and initiating corrective actions through personal knowledge and/or experience. Provide monthly financial reports explaining all variances.
• GROWTH AND MARKET SHARE Serve as a role model of excellent customer service by responding constructively and efficiently to the needs of those he/she interacts with daily and by constant support of the operations through being available for clinical procedures or other duties in which leadership is required. Implement profitable programs to generate revenue for UPMC/Procirca. Work with Procirca sales and marketing staff to develop new business opportunities for perfusion and blood management at the Wellspan Health System hospitals. Develop, implement, and manage a process and procedure for the introduction of new business clients. To include the contract, personnel, equipment, supplies, performance management/improvement plan, HR, and all legal requirements.
• ORGANIZATIONAL IMPROVEMENT AND INTEGRATION Support BioTronics and Procirca contractual obligations with various institutions by contributing to the successful execution of those services. Develop, implement, manage, and report on system-wide policy and procedure guidelines, performance management, and clinical competency program. Develop, implement, and manage system-wide continuing education program. Works closely with medical staff to integrate best technologies and clinical practices in to Perfusion Services division. Manage perfusion coverage for Stat MedEvac transport program. Provide monthly reports Wellspan Hospitals on clinical activity, quality improvement, patient safety, and clinical outcomes. Meet compliance with Joint Commission, State Department of Health, CAP, and AABB.
• QUALITY AND SERVICE Assure quality perfusion care by implementing, communicating, and/or developing philosophies of standards of care; by enforcing adherence to organizational, departmental and outside regulatory requirements; by monitoring and/or measuring financial, operational and clinical outcomes against standards. Monitor and ensure that the corporate policies and procedures created by Wellspan Health System & Procirca executive leadership are being accomplished by the staff. Assure a fully qualified and competent workgroup by selecting, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, motivating, and leading the development of the perfusion staff and directors with future needs in mind. Work with management to effectively advise on disciplinary actions, evaluations, and other HR processes. Function as chairperson for perfusion oversight and safety committees.
• Current Pennsylvania State Perfusion License.
• Graduate of CAA-HEP accredited School of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
• Current American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion certification
• 10 years of clinical experience demonstrating advanced knowledge and proficiency in perfusion procedures, anatomy, physiology, and pertinent equipment.
• 5 years perfusion services supervisory/management experience.
• Demonstrated ability in understanding the key factors that influence the effectiveness of departmental operations.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong and effective interpersonal, written, and oral communications.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to reach logical conclusions based on established evidence for routine resource, operational, financial and personnel decisions
• Ability to adapt to change to reach goals of both the WellSpan Health System and Procirca
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA), or relevant Masters degree in Hospital Administration or Perfusion
• Excellent computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management
Other required Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
• Act 34 Criminal Clearance
• Current Automotive Insurance
• Current BLS certification
• Current Pennsylvania Driver's License
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $0
Union Position: No