Retirement Plan Education Specialist
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Sentry
You can contribute to this role if you are a high performing sales professional who is knowledgeable about retirement plans and aspires to lead enrollment and educational initiatives involving Sentry 401(k) plans. The preferred location for this role is San Francisco Bay area.
WHAT YOU'LL DO You'll coordinate with plan sponsors and Sentry sales professionals in successfully leading enrollment and education services. In addition, you'll:
• Meet with individual participants to educate them on why retirement planning is important.
• Meet with plan sponsors in an effort to ensure they are properly trained on using the various available Sentry systems .
• Educate the plan sponsor on fiduciary duties, assist plan sponsors with understanding compliance testing /results and educate plan sponsors on legislative issues / plan design enhancements.
• Ensure that quality control measures are in place to make sure service is effective, efficient and meets specified service standards.
• Assist in managing service for large plans under the mentorship of the Retirement Plan Education Manager.
• Lead annual review process to collaborate and educate plan sponsors on investment issues, audit and testing results and potential corrective action needed to protect the tax qualified status of the plan(s).
• Generate referrals for Sentry's sales professionals.
WHAT IT TAKES • Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2-5 years of related work experience
• Ability to speak, write and understand Spanish is strongly preferred
• Thorough knowledge of retirement plan industry including nondiscrimination testing
• Experience in the sale of retirement plan products
• Poised public speaker with proven ability to engage and present to diverse audiences of all sizes.
• Current license to sell life and health insurance products or the ability to obtain a license in a reasonable amount of time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required
• Ability to meet the travel requirements of the job and maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record.
• Proficient knowledge and use of PC software applications such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Proven ability to successfully manage his or her own time and compete for others' time in order to drive efficiencies.
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you'll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
WHO YOU'LL WANT TO CONTACT Laura Kaczmarski
ABOUT SENTRY All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.