Ammonia Refrigeration Tech
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Gordon Food Service
630 John Hancock Rd., Taunton, MA 02780
Benefits after 30 days!
Value. Respect. Investment in You.
The backbone of any organization is connected to those who are dedicated to keeping things in order.
Our valued Maintenance teams keep things running, our business in motion and our customers successful.
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday; 3:30pm-Midnight . Must be available to be on call.
Our Ammonia Refrigeration Technician are known for their dedication and commitment to ensuring stability and optimum performance within our cold storage areas of operation we are focused on safety, preventative maintenance, and cost savings initiatives.
What's different about working with Gordon Food Service?
- Our investment in our people - each year we dedicate time, money, and resources to ensure your training and certifications are up to date.
- Tools - we provide most of the larger tools and ask that you bring only the basics.
- Best Practices - from our rooftop ventilation systems, compressors, and other engineering designs we lead the industry in our operational structure and design
- Teamwork - with a spirit of teamwork, camaraderie, and support you'll find those you work with to partner with you.
- Values - in our "everyone is important" environment, our people make the difference - and we value and support each person for their own professional & personal success
- Inspect, monitor and maintain all ammonia refrigeration systems
- Complete daily preventive maintenance and reports as tasks are completed
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, and local agencies, including OSHA and the EPA
- Collaborate with the Safety Coordinator to develop and implement written Process Safety Manual (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RPM) programs
- Operate and maintain all facility heating and air conditioning systems
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Technical or Refrigeration Engineers Technician Association (RETA) certification preferred
- HAZMAT certification is preferred
- CARO or CIRO certification preferred
- Two years previous operating anhydrous ammonia systems OR HVAC/R experience - or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required
- Effective communication skills, influential at all levels within the organization
- Must have knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations, including OSHA and EPA with experience writing PSM
- Experience in working safety/evacuation planning and training implementations
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Click Here to get a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.