Industrial Building Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Gordon Food Service
Shift: Sunday through Thursday, 9:30 PM to 6:00 AM
Incentive pay - No Flat Rates
4900 Clay Ave SW, Wyoming, MI 49548
Benefits after 30 days!
The backbone of any organization is connected to those who are dedicated to keeping things in order.
Our valued Maintenance teams keep things running, our business in motion and our customers successful.
High Value - High Visibility
Our Industrial Building Maintenance Mechanics are some of the best in the business. We have high standards for safety, stability, and training to ensure our people are safe and that our business is always running at top performance.
- Our people are the foundation of our business.
- The great people we hire are steadfast, genuine, and forward-thinking.
- It's our people who build heartfelt partnerships with customers
- We honor promises to customers and employees alike.
- Productivity and efficiency gets noticed, and often leads to career growth.
- Rewards-financial incentives, employee awards-for jobs well done.
- Power Industrial Vehicles
- Electrical trouble-shooting
- HVAC ventilation systems
- Building Maintenance
- Conveyor systems (automated DC's only)
- Preventative Maintenance
- Our Maintenance Mechanics learn firsthand how to ensure the safety and functionality of our Ammonia Refrigeration systems. We pay to train and certify the right people for this more advanced opportunity.
- Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate. Powered Industrial Vehicle certification required.
- Experience: Three years previous machine repair experience OR an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and interpret building schematics/blue prints
- High level of understanding of electrical mechanics
- Attention to detail
- Eagerness to meet team goals, ensuring optimum levels of excellence
- Understanding and passion for safety standards & preventative maintenance
- Proficiency in software applications
- Experience in PIV operations
- Willingness to work in varied temperatures within the cold & storage facilities
- Successful passing of drug screen and background check upon hire
- Valid email - this is the number one way we communicate with you!
- In this position you will be very active, moving all the time.
- You'll be asked to do work in high places, freezing cold spaces, inside/outside, and anywhere within the building you are needed.
- It's important to know that you'll need to be able to lift/move up to 100 pounds during your shift.
- This is an industrial workspace. You'll be exposed to chemicals, sounds, and other environmental elements that may affect you personally - so please tell us if this is going to be of concern for you.
- Successfully pass our Hair Drug Test and Background Check requirements (criminal background check, yes - we do not check your credit score).
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required).
- This position requires excellent attention to detail and strong motivation toward company, team, and individual results. Must work effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written communications. Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with the ability to solve practical and technical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule formats.
There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.