Registered Nurse (RN) Surgical Specialty Unit - FT Days
Posted on Apr 16, 2019 by Menorah Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Relocation Assistance Available. Apply today and become a part of our Surgical Specialty Unit! FT Days.
Menorah Medical Center (175 beds), is a full-service, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park. Menorah serves the community's healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. The hospital has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
Thinking of relocating to Kansas City (Relocation Assistance Provided) Learn about living in one America's Coolest Cities .
Learn more about living in KC .
More About Menorah Medical Center's Surgical Specialty Unit
We are a 15 bed unit with all private rooms. Patient ratios 1:4. We are a Bariatric Center of Excellence and have obtained the Colorectal Center of Excellence. We have a Bariatric/Colorectal coordinator who serves as a strong resource for patients, nurses, and physicians. We have great surgeons who love to educate and support the nursing team.
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Menorah Medical Center.
- The Registered Nurse provides care for the adolescent patient 12-16 years of age, adult patients between 17 to 60 years; and geriatric patients 60 years and older.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with either an ADN or BSN degree.
- Must hold a current license from the Kansas of Nursing.
- BLS required upon hire.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.