PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs across PHI's four jurisdictions. Advise and counsel PHI senior executives with respect to major portfolio and region-specific communications projects strategies and tactics. Ensure high quality, effective communications for PHI, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate case strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts. These projects entail oversight of integrated communication plans which span internal, external, marketing, advertising and digital media. Serve as strategic program manager for critical initiatives leading a team of communications managers across spanning a broad portfolio of functional and regional priorities. Ensure alignment of work with Exelon and PHI vision and strategy and coordination within and across other Exelon utilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1 Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs across PHI's four jurisdictions, advising PHI senior executives with respect to major portfolio and region-specific communications projects strategies and tactics.
2 Ensure high quality, effective communications for PHI, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate case strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts.
3 Lead team of communications project managers spanning a broad portfolio of functional and regional priorities dedicated to strategic projects and regional jurisdictions including hiring, performance management, employee development, communication and recognition.
4 Serve as member of PHI Communications Leadership team working effectively across internal communications, media relations, advertising and marketing communications to ensure cohesive alignment of activities and resources and the execution of a holistic PHI Communications strategy.
5 Periodically represent VP of Corporate Communications with Senior Business Unit/Corporate leadership.
6 Lead Pan-PHI initiatives and represent PHI on cross-Exelon utilities projects and programs.
7 Oversee budget and agencies for integrated communications projects.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
• 12 or more years of experience.
• 5 years in a senior leadership role.
• High degree of interpersonal skills and communication skills in working effectively with executives.
• High level of self-motivation and independence will be critical.
• Master's degree in related field.
• Professional accreditation (APR, ABC or equivalent).
• Utility or energy industry experience.
• Direct portfolio and regional communications function for PHI.
• Must work continuously, effectively and skillfully with PHI senior executives and other communications leaders and team members.
• High level of thought leadership and strategic thinking required.
• Responsible for measuring the effectiveness of communications; providing oversight and integrating company-wide communications.
• Oversee team that includes 2 managers, lead cross-functional project teams, and assign and manage external resources as required in support of the VP of Corporate Communications.
• Provide budgetary oversight for integrated communications programs and campaigns.
• Requires ability to travel.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.