Certified Central Processing Tech
Posted on Apr 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Certified Central Processing Tech - Central Sterile Supply - FT Evenings - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester, MI
Shift/Schedule: 40 hours per week. 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM. Rotating Weekends.
CPD, CPSD, central processing, Sterile Processing, Central Supply. Sterile Supply, Central Sterile Services, Sterilization, Materials Processing, CSSD, CPD, CPD Tech, CRCST, CHL, IAHCSMM, CBSPD
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, you will have the opportunity to support the Mission and Vision of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital by, under the direction of the Manager or Coordinator, performing activities of decontamination, preparation/packaging/sterilization of patient care equipment including traction, and/or case carts. Assist Coordinators to accomplish related tasks for their activity center such as inventory control and procedure development as well as quality control/management tasks.
- Checks basic function of equipment, as well as cleans, tests and distributes (to include inventory control, charge, and safety).
- Assembles traction equipment as well as cleans equipment, maintains inventory control and practices proper use of traction cart, basic traction principles, types and safety.
- Performs functions related to preparation, packaging and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical-surgical supplies. Includes flash sterilization of instruments for OR and ASC areas.
- Operates specialized equipment including, but not limited to, washer sterilizers, washer disinfectors, ultrasonic cleaners, distilleries, cart washers, paul bar feeders, endoscopic washers as well as all types of sterilizers (hi-vacs, flash claves, EO, Sterrad and Steris).
- Dispenses and distributes supplies including, but not limited to:Emergency Equipment - crash carts, neonatal emergency boxes and respiratory emergency boxes.Specialty carts and supplies - Traction, Urology, PICC bin, Latex, C.V., Anesthesia, Bronch, and Power carts.
- Performs functions related to building and delivering standard scheduled case carts as well as specialty and/or unscheduled emergency carts.
- Checks in instrument loaners with representatives, inventory, pre-use cleaning, packaging and sterilizing, after use cleaning and discharge check out with representatives.
- Cleans and sterilizes specialty endoscopes.
- Performs activities related to sterilization checks of charts, cycles and biologicals. Reports any discrepancies or unusual occurrences.
- This position shall have access to and disclose personal health information only when reasonably necessary to perform the designated job related responsibilities. Disclosure and/or use of personal health information for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary for designated job responsibilities is prohibited.
- Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by quality service and positive staff attitudes.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital through performing behaviors consistent with the Standards of Performance and Code of Ethics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- This position requires the ability to identify age related differences within the persons served and the adjustment of treatment style and expectations as appropriate, including adjustments based on the person's served cognitive function and learning ability. This will include taking into account their religious and cultural needs and preferences.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Successful completion of Central Service Technician Course (CSTC) at time of hire/transfer date required.
- CRCST Certification from IAHCSMM highly preferred
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in CPD is very strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.