Procurement Category Manager
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Whitehall Resources Ltd
Procurement Category Manager
Whitehall Resources are looking for a Procurement Category Manager based in London for a 2 month period.
The post-holder will support the achievement of the objectives of the Corporate Procurement Strategy by effectively and efficiently developing and implementing sourcing strategies for entire categories of spend, realising cashable savings whilst assuring quality of service.
In addition, the post-holder will support negotiations between themselves (and partners) and the suppliers of services to them in order to secure efficiency savings and to develop the capacity of suppliers to meet changing and emerging service needs.
This is a lead role as contracts underpin all of the services and the post-holder will be required to deliver value for money contracts for a range of critical capital projects.
The post holder will lead on the procurement of high value, high risk contracts as included within the capital programme.
In fulfilling this role the post-holder will be working as part of the shared procurement function and may be required to work flexibly for other partners as necessary.
The post-holder will be expected to be flexible in their approach to adapt to constantly changing priorities and workloads.
- Plan and organise work to ensure the delivery of those aspects of the service for which responsible.
- Manage risk within area of responsibility. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of and comply with relevant regulations and procedures.
- Manage relationships with delivery partners/providers/suppliers to commission/manage/evaluate/enhance appropriate service delivery/capacity within area of responsibility.
- Engage with external bodies/other Local Authorities, regional and sub-regional groups and other partners.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of contracts, processes, performance criteria, standards, governance frameworks, and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Manage seconded, temporary and contracted staff and consultants attached to the assigned programme.
- Manage relevant procurement training for external and internal team at all levels (eg evaluation)
- Lead on delivery of sustainable procurement outcomes required by the programme, covering all elements of sustainability.
- To lead on the development of strategic sourcing options for Procurements related to a range of capital projects. Take a leadership role in direct negotiations with suppliers, clients and other providers of services.
- Advise Directors, Members, staff, external consultants and others on complex procurement and contractual matters associated with capital projects. Provide professional challenge and advice to colleagues, managers and partner organisations.
- Manage responses to complex professional or politically sensitive issues within the area of responsibility.
- Lead major procurements using the appropriate methods and procedures. Guide relevant procurements via DPS. Manage major projects and control allocated resources from support services and service areas
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of developing and successfully delivering sourcing solutions, realising strategic objectives
- Delivering projects to time and budget using a structured method eg PRinCE2
- Leading cross functional project teams
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to explain issues efficiently
- Strong Presentation skills
- Significant experience of the range of public procurement procedures including Competitive Dialogue
- Experience of construction-related procurement in a public sector environment, including procurement of developer partners
- Practical understanding of the UK Public Contracts Regulations and associated legislation
- Understanding of the role that procurement can play in supporting wider agendas such as equality and sustainability
- Experience of working with E-procurement and e-tendering systems
- Methodical and analytical with attention to detail and quality issues
- Provide sound, professional advice with clear, cohesive, well-presented arguments to support proposed viewpoints and recommendation
- An ability to work with superiors and Senior Managers in all departments and external agencies
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Kite Human Capital Ltd
Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited