Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Parallel Technologies
Parallel Technologies Inc. is looking for a full time Staff Accountant to work in a dynamic, fast pace environment. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong problem solving skills, be comfortable learning new tools, possess strong Microsoft Office skills, be attentive to detail, have a basic understanding of accounting/finance, and always be reliable.
Parallel Technologies is the only single source solutions provider who can deliver complete solutions for reliable Data Centers and Intelligent Buildings. We have been in the Building Infrastructure Industry for over 30 years and named one of the fastest growing companies in 2018. Parallel is customer focused, high energy, fun, and a fast paced environment thats been titled the Star Tribunes top 150 workplaces, four years in a row. Join our team, a collaborative group of individuals with utmost integrity and dedication.
- Determine monthly allocations of SG&A costs across business units
- Prepare month end accruals and other required journal entries
- Pull monthly financial statements from accounting software (Xero) for review and analysis
- Preparation and filing of monthly/quarterly state sales & use tax returns
- Involvement with year-end financial audit
- Participation in information gathering for annual R&D tax credit study
- Analyze overhead cost allocations between business units
- Maintain, improve and analyze weekly metric scorecard reports for upper management
- Analyze SG&A costs to identify opportunities for cost reductions
- Monitor and work to improve cash management including reviewing contracts for payment terms, manage collections and vendor payments
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned over time and professional development
- Additional Expectations:
- Document workflow, procedures, checklists, and policies for assigned tasks
- Abide by all internal procedures, policies and regulatory guidance
- Ensure all deadlines and schedules are met on time
This position requires support of a variety of accounting functions. Must possess strong analytic, problem-solving and communication skills. Must be friendly and focused with a strong attention to detail. Ability to work cordially with people of different backgrounds and positions within the organization. The candidate will strive to meet clients expectations while acting with a high level of integrity. The candidate will work in a collaborative, team environment consistently looking for ways to pursue excellence while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting or related field or;
- 1-2 years experience with related accounting background, strongly preferred
- Experience with sales & use tax reporting, strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint required
- Experience in accounting software a plus
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to pass background & drug test
Parallel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.