Manager, Ad Sales Research - Media
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Spectrum
Manager, Field Research
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach's consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Spectrum Reach has the most powerful marketing data in Los Angeles. Period. We are unleashing Spectrum's Proprietary Set-Top Box data along with household characteristics to understand how the modern television viewer watches the entirety of television. By network. By program. By daypart. By platform. We are prepared to challenge preconceptions of television as the industry knows it.
We are looking for a passionate, data-driven leader to forge a new path for our advertising footprint in Southern California. Spectrum Reach is the dominant video sales team in Los Angeles, providing multiplatform advertising solutions that reach over 4 million TV households. This role will be critical to activating our enterprise data strategy and provoking a rethink of television viewing.
As the Manager, Ad Sales Research for SoCal, you will be leading a team of researchers to bring the voice of our viewers to life across our client base so marketers can plan simpler, faster, and better using robust consumer viewing data across screens.
If you love data and love television, this job is meant for you. Will you help us change the conversation?
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a Thought Leader of Research for SoCal. Lead a team of analysts, evolving their skills and services to be the cutting edge in LA.
- Establish relationships with the SoCal Leadership team. Guide strategic research direction in partnership with leadership team. Establish strategies to continually adapt and align research services to the needs of a rapidly-changing marketplace.
- Foster a culture of storytelling within research group and across departments. Use existing data sets to produce thought provoking research that change how advertisers think about their customer. Search for new data sets to audience stories yet untold. Share and scale storytelling within sales, research and sales support teams.
- Evangelize automated data solutions for the business. Identify critical reporting dependencies and find ways to connect enterprise data solutions to meet those needs. Work with other team members in building solutions that are not currently available.
- Proactively uncover trends in media advertising and TV viewing habits. Keep leadership and sales teams abreast of these patterns and shape a Spectrum Reach-specific point-of-view. Develop research team to refine their own POV and socialize insights independently.
- 5 years of integrated marketing, Agency, Media and/or Ad Sales is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and work across multiple departments.
- A proven track record of leading high performing, forward thinking teams.
- Demonstrated expertise of 1st party and 3rd party research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Google Analytics, comScore, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, and eMarketer.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information and research into powerful points of view-ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- High level of project planning, development and implementation.
- Ability to organize workflow and to follow through on multiple tasks.
- Travel to local and regional offices and events.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent work experience.
- A track record of leading high performing, forward thinking teams.
- General understanding of Business Intelligence tools and managing large datasets. Knowledge around querying in SQL.
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics and optimization strategies.
- Talent for leading remotely and developing relationships through virtual communications.
Job Code : MRS510 Mgr, Field Research Exempt