REGISTERED NURSE (Ambulatory Care Services - Cardiovascular Medicine D
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Michigan Medicine
A total of two (2) (1.0 FTE), Registered Nurses will be hired to fill this job opening.
Hours & shifts are identical for both hires.
(see below for work schedule detail)
Mission Statement Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Responsibilities* Provide nursing care in the specialty of FLOAT NURSING across Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs.
Provide safe, effective and specialized nursing care in a variety of Ambulatory Care Cardiology clinic settings and programs both on-site and off-site. The programs are Anticoagulation, Pre and Post Heart Transplant, Heart Failure, CVM at Domino Farms, BW5 Cardiology, Brighton(2), Northville, Canton, Chelsea, WAA, EAA, Adult Congenital Heart, Pulmonary Hypertension, Cardiac Device Clinic, CVC Echo Lab, CVM CVC clinic (Perpherial Artery Disease, General Cardiology/Heart failure, Venous, Stroke, Oncology, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Interventional Cardiology), and additional cardiology area/locations as necessary.
Responsibilities include participation in cardiac testing with monitoring of patient response using excellent telemetry skills and ability to respond to emergent situations. Provide detailed patient and family education related to cardiac anatomy and physiology, disease prevention, treatments, medications and health maintenance. Involvement in telephone management of patient and family calls including detailed assessment and triage of emergent/urgent situations as needed. Expertly document all phases of nursing care in both electronic and written format.
Includes functional supervision of assistive personnel and other responsibilities as requested.
NOTE: This job opening # 169887 replaces job opening # 169618.
Nursing Specific Info Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level F.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at .
Nursing Specific Info BENEFITS:
Nursing at Michigan offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits!
Salary range for Registered Nurses- $63,918.40- $101,108.80
- Evening Shift Differential- $2.35 per hour
- Night Shift Differential- $3.20 per hour
- Weekend Differential- $1.75 per hour
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off Allowances
- Robust Tuition and Certification support programs
- Large offering of no cost CEs and professional development for advancement
- Current license to practice nursing in Michigan
- One (1) year of recent ambulatory care clinic or emergency room, or cardiac step down experience within the last five (5) years.
- A minimum of (2) to three (3) years of experience in the Adult Cardiovascular service line within the last five (5) years
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and experience in cardiology practice, to include: 12 lead EKG interpretation, diagnostic test interpretation, cardiac medications, emergency management of cardiac patients, current clinical practice guidelines in cardiology, lipid and risk factor management, and secondary prevention.
- Telemetry experience
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume and cover letter to be fully considered for this position.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
- Greater than two (2) years of ambulatory care experience; telephone triage experience desired
- One (1) to two (2) years nursing float experience
- Greater than three (3) years of nursing experience caring for patients in the Adult Cardiovascular Medicine Service line.
- Experience in an Ambulatory Cardiology Clinic.
- Experience with MiChart and/or EPIC and/or super user for electronic medical record.
- Experiences with Dobutamine Stress testing
- Previous experience in developing evidence-based clinical protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with continuous quality improvement.
- Desire to be on unit committees to improve patient outcomes.
- Previous participation in research and/or professional cardiology organization memberships.
- Wide variety of computer skills including Groupwise, MiChart, Create doc, Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated accountability/dependability as evidenced, for example, by a stellar attendance record; by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame; by meeting deadlines and completing required work.
- Always strives to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by offering constructive, creative ideas
- Experience with IV Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and previous experience using clinical protocols to make decisions about adult patients.
- ACLS certification within three (3) months of hire.
Shift/ Days/ Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 hour days shifts between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m.
Shift days and hour could vary in the future and potentially include evenings and weekends.
Location: *this position requires travel
Cardiovascular Medicine Special Programs including but not limited to the following:
Anticoagulation Program, Cardiovascular Medicine-Dominos Farms, Cardiovascular Medicine-Briarwood 5, Brighton, Northville, Canton, Chelsea, West Ann Arbor, East Ann Arbor, HF Tele-Management Program, Pre/Post Heart Transplant Program, Adult Congenital Heart Program, Pulmonary Hypertension Programs, Cardiac Device Program, Vascular Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, TAVR, MATRIx, CVC Clinic (Stroke, HCM, Interventional Cardiology, general cardiology, PAD, Venous), West Ann Arbor, and any future Cardiovascular site. Sites could change in future as service is expanded to different locations. Availability to float in all cardiovascular areas under direct reports leadership.
Additional Information We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
The University of Michigan Health is a Magnet recognized hospital. We have recently been named #1 hospital in Michigan and #5 hospital in the nation by US News and World Report for 2018-19!
Union Affiliation This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Background Screening Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Selection Process Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age..... click apply for full job details