Senior Project Manager, HR Shared Services
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Delaware North
Headquartered in Buffalo, NY for over 100 years, this role is located at our Amherst Campus as part of the HR Services and Solutions team.
The Project Manager within the HR Shared Services organization is a key team member that helps drive enterprise change and strategic initiatives through the disciplined execution of projects related to HR platforms, programs and processes. This position interfaces with business process owners, HR centers of excellence, system owners, internal clients and others to ensure the scope and success factors of projects are well understood and timely delivered. The Project Manager is expected to display a high degree of adaptability to work within a changing environment to accomplish project objective while building a culture and competency of project management success in the enterprise.
- Serves as a leadership resource for effective project implementation; clearly articulates the resource needs of the project and works with others to obtain resource commitments; escalates issues when project timeline or scope are at risk.
- Solicits input and prepares recommendations for key project related decisions; demonstrates organizational savvy to meet project deliverables.
- Coordinates internal resources and third parties / vendors to enable the execution of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develops project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensures resource availability and allocation; identifies need for resource augmentation and prepares recommendations.
- Outlines framework to drive business behaviors and processes.
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress. Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Reports and escalates to management as needed.
- Gathers the necessary inputs to develop ROI for projects, establishes project and process KPIs and prepares related analysis prior to, during and after project completion.
- Ensures that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks. Interfaces with unit, subsidiary, and corporate resources to ensure project outcomes are compliant with company policy and applicable laws and employment agreements.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project templates and documentation to enable adherence to project methodology.
- Defines, clarifies and drives a common understanding of business process for project success.
- Prepares and delivers effective organizational change management and communication.
- Passionate about continuous learning and serves as an effective change agent to grow skill sets and talents within the organization while accomplishing key initiative and projects.
- Manages relationships with internal clients and all stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Works across organizational functions and boundaries and builds internal networks to grow the skill set of project management organizationally.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in organizational change management, business management, or related fields. MBA preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of direct experience managing large projects as a core job responsibility, preferably in a large, multi-divisional and multi-national environment.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in deployment process changes supported by software and web technologies.
- Excellent client-facing and team communication skills; experience with large scale change initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of MS Project, SharePoint or other project management software preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Experience with lean transformations preferred
Travel: Up to 30% travel requiredWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.