General Maintenance III
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Delaware North
Delaware North Grand Canyon is all about the experience of living in one of the natural wonders of the world! We are excited you are considering employment with us. Delaware North operates Yavapai Lodge in the Canyon offering 358 guest rooms. We have a newly renovated food and beverage operation which includes a full service tavern. We run several retail and grocery stores inside the park. If you can commit to the highest level of service and to exceeding our guests' expectations, please apply to help us "create special experiences one guest at a time".The Opportunity
Looking for a jack of all trades to fill our year round General Maintenance position. The best candidate will be willing to do many tasks and will have a team mentality. Our General Maintenance team is dedicated to preventative maintenance, and this position will handle all general maintenance work orders and general landscape maintenance while working with little supervision. We rely on our associates to be guest minded and have a helping hand approach to all interactions.Position Details
- Complete general maintenance assigned maintenance requests, ensuring timely completion, thoroughness and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in maintaining water softeners according to preventive maintenance schedule in designated areas, including maintaining salt inventory.
- Handle multiple call-outs or work orders, work independently and perform trade call outs as necessary.
- Operate designated heavy equipment safely and efficiently as necessary and directed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs as related to the preventive maintenance program.
- Perform basic carpentry and painting duties as necessary and directed.
- Report maintenance problems in an accurate fashion that require trade specific skill and attention.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies and procedures.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Assist in the training and development of other employees.
- Perform plowing duties as trained and assigned.
- Perform labor and landscaping duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Minimum one to three-years' experience in general building maintenance, or in trades such as electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of construction and landscaping.
- Comply with the Delaware North Grand Canyon Company Vehicle Policy.
- Possess physical ability to complete assigned tasks, including entering confined space, ascending/descending ladder, and lifting up to a 50 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and driving background check.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Physical ability to complete tasks including ability to push lawn mower, load clippings, ascend and descend ladders.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (files, office supplies, etc).
- Constant sitting, lifting, climbing stairs, crawling and repetitive motions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season.
- Exposed to fumes from delivery trucks and other equipment.
- Hazards include but are not limited to cuts from broken glass, slips, trips, falls, cuts, burns and strains.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.