Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Delaware North
The Peaks of Otter are three exceptional mountain peaks situated close together in the Blue Ridge Mountains overlooking the town of Bedford, Virginia. They include Sharp Top, with an altitude of 3,875 feet (1,181 m); Flat Top, with an altitude of 4,004 feet (1,220 m); and Harkening Hill, with an altitude of 3,375 feet (1,029 m). Abbott Lake lies at their feet. The National Park Service preserves the peaks and lake as part of the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Jefferson National Forest.
Several trails offer hikers the opportunity to explore the peaks and surrounding countryside on foot. The least challenging is a one-mile loop around picturesque Abbott Lake. More demanding is the one and one-half mile course to the summit of Sharp Top. Make the climb and be rewarded with a 360°-view of the peak and its surroundings.
In the mid-1900s, the location was selected for special attention as the National Park Service developed recreation and service areas along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Abbott Lake was constructed and Peaks of Otter Lodge opened in 1964. Today, the property includes 63 rooms all with views of scenic Abbott Lake and majestic Sharp Top Mountain. While some things have changed over the years, the appeal of the region's Blue Ridge Mountains is still as timeless and captivating as ever.
Position Details Shuttle Driver Position Description
Provide the highest quality of guest service and hospitality to guests Operate the shuttle in a safe and timely manner. Be knowledgeable of routes and destinations that relate to the guests' experience.
- Portray a visible and infectious attitude exuding hospitality
- Assist the front desk by providing information regarding shuttle destinations, departure and arrival times, and special events and activities at guest destinations (wineries, festivals, etc)
- Knowledgeable of area roadways, alternate routes, community attractions, and points of guest interest
- Utilize organizational and time management skills to ensure guests arrive and depart on schedule
- Ensure the highest standards of guest safety: assist guests with boarding and unloading, use safe driving practices while underway, follow all rules of the road
- Remain in contact with the front desk and with guests who require cell communication
- Use polite, professional language skills with guests. Never text or speak on a cell phone while driving.
- Drives company vehicles, both standard and automatic transmission
- High school diploma
- Ability to pass background and driving record investigation, including other pre-employment screening
- Must exhibit the ability to safely handle a vehicle to transport guests
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work to meet deadlines and make decisions
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to read, speak, and write English well
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and positively with coworkers and guests.
- Must have strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Requires frequent sitting
- Requires some bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling
- May require pushing or pulling
- Visual acuity sufficient to operate a moving vehicle
- Hearing ability sufficient to respond to the spoken voice
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp/handle guest items and various equipment
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions in all seasons, including variable temperatures and wet and/or humid conditions
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.