Coordinator, Work-Based Learning
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Guilford Technical Community College
Job Description #RPM The Office of Instructional Support provides support to the academic units by managing and overseeing the curriculum and schedule build processes. The Work-Based Learning Coordinator works with community partners and business and industry leaders to secure work-based learning opportunities for students in GTCC's career and technical education programs. A creative and dynamic leader, the Work-Based Learning Coordinator collaborates and engages with internal and external stakeholders to initiate partnerships and enhance student success.
Duties/Functions • Establish and foster relationships with potential employers related to the Career and Technical Education programs at GTCC. • Serve as the primary contact for employers hosting GTCC students in work-based learning experiences. Recruit new employers, manage student work-based learning opportunities, and conduct initial site visits. • Work closely with academic departments in supporting the integration between classroom learning and cooperative education. • Market work-based learning opportunities to prospective students; develop marketing strategies for targeted industries and student populations; participate in career fairs and other events for employer and student recruitment. • Coordinate Work-Based Learning Program by assisting faculty with following established work-based guidelines, and provide training for faculty as needed. • Process work-based learning paperwork and maintain complete student records and documentation in compliance with state regulations. Collaborate with the auditing department to meet institutional reporting requirements. • Establish and/or grow partnerships with stakeholders within the College and the community, especially as related to work-based learning and apprenticeships in Guilford County. • Demonstrate and model the college's employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility, and teamwork.
Education Required • Bachelor's degree in a career and technical program OR an Associate's degree in a career and technical program and a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
Education Preferred • Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution
Experience Required • 2 years of relevant work experience in a business/industry setting.
• Experience coordinating a complex program/project that involved multiple partners.
• Experience building collaborative relationships between education, business and industry partners
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
Experience Preferred • Greater than two years of experience providing learning support and/or instruction
• Teaching and/or industry training experience in a career and technical field.
• Experience with integrated student information systems (e.g., Datatel Colleague, Banner, etc.)
• Proficiency in using learning management systems (e.g., Moodle, Blackboard)
KSA Required The Work-Based Learning Coordinator shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its "open door" policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Work-Based Learning Coordinator must be able to:
• Respect diversity and promote an inclusive, culturally responsive environment
• Adapt to changing procedures, protocols, or assignments
• Create and maintain a learner centered environment
• Communicate and promote the Work-Based Learning Program with a wide range of constituents
• Effectively implement and apply technology solutions
Department/Job Specific Requirements • Under general supervision, this individual will develop and expand the work-based learning program. The coordinator will also be responsible for recruiting GTCC-CTE programs to participate in WBL and collaborating with industry partners to ensure relevancy of the curriculum and program.
The following (compliance) training is required and must be completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual refresher training thereafter:
• Safety/Shooter on Campus
• Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
• Anti-Discrimination/Harassment & Title IX
• Other training may be required as determined applicable.
Physical Demands Physical Activity: Primarily sitting Environmental Hazard(s): Posting Type Staff
Category: Education , Keywords: Work Based Learning Coordinator