Registered Nurse: Emergency Nursing
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
As a MedStar clinical nurse you will independently assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the nursing care of patients from admission or transfer through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, you provide theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with the physician and other members of the health care team. The MedStar registered nurse serves as resource professional to all staff.
- EDUCATION: Valid RN license in the State of Maryland.
- EXPERIENCE: 1 year RN experience
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: CPR certification.
- SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Adheres to the Emergency Severity Index recommendations to appropriately triage patients.
- Attends mandatory training sessions, staff meetings and town meetings and completes all mandatory education requirements on time.
- Completes accurate and timely initial and ongoing patient assessments.
- Consistently demonstrates effective leadership behavior.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Delegates activities to unlicensed staff in accordance with the MedStar policies and Maryland Nurse Practice Act. Assists staff in delegation/time management skills. Identifies ways to facilitate working relationships among levels of staff.
- Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking skills and the appropriate level of urgency during critical situations.
- Documentation of patient care is legible, accurate, appropriate and timely. Consistently demonstrates effective documentation practices and develops strategies to ensure complete documentation of patient care.
- Facilitates collaboration among other health team members fostering effective communication with other disciplines.
- Focuses on patient flow and delivers care in a safe and efficient manner. Takes the lead in facilitating timely discharges.
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve the environment of care.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to staff.
- Serves as a resource for planning care for complex patients and assists others in developing, revising and coordinating patient's plan of care. Models patient/family advocacy.
- Takes appropriate precautions to deliver safe patient care.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.