Director of Marketing
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Delaware North
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort features more than 850 slot machines and a mix of 25 table games, including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Big Six and more. Or test your skill in our Big Easy Poker Room - where you can play beginners and experts alike in Texas Hold'em, Omaha Hi-Lo and 7-Card Stud.
Experience our hotel with 150 deluxe rooms, including 21 suites. Every overnight stay offers a double pillow-top mattress; free high-speed internet access; high-definition, flat-screen television; cooked-to-order breakfast; and access to our saline pol, hot tub, fitness center and more.
Whether you are looking for an intimate gourmet dinner or a quick meal, Mardi Gras Casino & Resort has something for you. Our French Quarter restaurant offers a fine-dining experience with steaks, seafood and more. The First Turn restaurant allows you to eat casual full-service cuisine while overlooking the greyhound racetrack, and the Bayou Buffet offers endless choices with complimentary beignets. Café Orleans and Crescent City offer a variety of sandwiches and snacks for a lighter, faster option.
Join us for live greyhound and simulcast racing action! Enjoy the thrill of betting and winning while overlooking our racetrack or experiencing one of our state-of-the-art simulcast areas. Live racing is available year-round.The Opportunity
Plans and directs all marketing of the organization's products, services and amenities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Presents strategic marketing plans to the Senior Director of Marketing to achieve corporate objectives for products, services and amenities.
- Develops and executes comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Manages approved marketing operating budget.
- Oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, broadcast media, outdoor, radio, direct mail and social media.
- Evaluates and recommends to the General Manager the distribution channel development programs.
- Serves as liaison with outside agencies on ongoing promotional campaigns.
- Serves on various Boards of Directors to foster relations between the organization and the community and represent the best interest of the organization as it relates to the activities and business the boards oversees.
- Oversees development and production of promotional and collateral materials.
- Develops product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and recommends adjustments on strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
- Oversees development and maintenance of customer database.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development to the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; five to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.