Islandia EVS Supervisor
Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Delaware North
Our Exciting Work Environment
Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or having a drink at the bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.The Opportunity
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for the cleaning of the entire main VLT Floor except foodservice areas, correcting situations of possible accident and injury to associates and patrons.
- Responsible for the daily pickup of papers and refuse on the VLT floor, grounds and parking lots next to the VLT Floor and restrooms.
- Order cleaning supplies weekly.
- See to the maintenance of all cleaning department equipment.
- Maintain supply of bottled water to areas in the building including ordering more supplies and coolers.
- Maintain daily documentation on cleaning of all restrooms for insurance company.
- Maintain knowledge of the union contract as it pertains to the Housekeeping Department.
- Must role model company guest service program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience.
- Experience in Facility cleaning required.
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Basic computer skills including word-processing and e-mail.
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Excellent social skills, professional appearance. Weekends and holidays required.
- Lifts up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shift work may be required.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.