Posted on Apr 11, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Security Operations Center Engineer
- Analyze potential infrastructure security incidents to determine if incident qualifies as a legitimate security breach.
- Monitor and correlate security event log information to identify and detect anomalous activity.
- Document and conform to processes related to security monitoring, patching and incident response.
- Implement techniques using the most advanced technologies to hunt for the unknown threats in the environment
- Appropriately inform and advise management on incidents and incident prevention.
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop solutions efficiently.
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps, evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by delivering quality results and exploring opportunities to increase value and raise awareness of Information Security Program.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years working in IT Security and any security certifications highly preferred.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) including event analysis, alert generation, investigations, and reporting.
- Experience investigating security incidents using various security tools including EDR tools such as Carbon Black or CrowdStrike
- Experience with vulnerability analysis and reporting using vulnerability management software such as Rapid7, Nessus, or Qualys.
- Programming and Scripting skills such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.
- Strong knowledge of anti-malware technologies.
- Strong knowledge of security administration and role-based security controls.
- Strong knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technical capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of security systems log correlation and analysis.
- Knowledge of certificate management processes and best practices
- Knowledge of Windows server and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Networking protocols and technologies, eg TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, etc.
- Knowledge of Network security technologies such as Firewalls and IPS/IDS and able to perform basic packet analysis with tools such as Wireshark
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: