Senior Engineering Manager, (Software Engineering)
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job ID : ES20192###-####6
Location: Clifton, NJ
The Senior Engineering Manager, Software Engineering, leads and directs experienced professionals and lower level supervisors of a group of software engineers, developing complex engineering solutions for the Electronic Warfare business in Clifton, NJ. Must possess extensive knowledge of Software Engineering and associated principles of embedded software development. Provides technical guidance and leadership to subordinate engineers. Maintains proper staffing levels and expertise to meet business objectives. Develops and conducts programs in accordance with company's policies, priorities and budget constraints. Manages and/or develops budgets for assigned function or department, including operating requirements, training, equipment and material purchases. Provides technical oversight and assistance to other departments as required.
Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Manages the implementation of strategy and establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function/area results. Accomplishes results through subordinate supervisors or exempt specialist employees. Subject to approval, modifies the organizational structure of centralized functions and units. Meets functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development, engagement, retention and overall management of the department. Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational unit. Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervisors or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives and short-term operational plans of the organization. Frequent contacts with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, contractual clarifications, talent development and retention. Works to influence others to accept job function s views or practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices, and approaches. Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
Works with Business Development, Program Management, and Business Unit Leadership to provide input for Strategic Planning, Research and Development Planning, and Inter-Corporation Resource Sharing. Stays abreast of state-of-the-art technology advancement; identifying disruptive or emerging technology trends for inclusion in IRAD, innovation, or pursuit/program ECP opportunities product improvements
- Broad management and leadership knowledge with experience leading full lifecycle developments, including: executing performance appraisals, managing staffing allocation, software process leadership (CMMI), and career development.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 9 years of experience leading/managing technical programs (7 years with a master s degree)
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, TDD, and Model Based development
- Experience with DevOps and a proven track record building a CI/CD pipeline
- Current DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable results
- Experience as a SW lead on a program
- 8+ years of experience in software development (C/C++ & RTOS experience is a plus)
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focused
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including strong executive communication and presentation skills
- High expectations for continuous improvement and sustained excellence for self and team members Lean Six Sigma, data-based decision making, SW performance metrics.
- Control Account Management (CAM) experience
- Certified SCRUM Master, Product Owner, or Coach
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: USA - NJ - Clifton
Activation Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task