Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
The Physical Therapist provides appropriate and efficient evaluations, treatments, and associated physical therapy services.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Learn computer program related to the type of work in the department, including Patient Care Manager, Physician's portal, PHS and Star Navigator.
- Complete appropriate and required documentation in compliance with department policy.
- Participate in relevant meetings in a contributory manner and is consistent with the pursuit of quality patient care.
- Assist in all other department functions on a daily basis and complete these tasks within department deadlines.
- Participate in and support departmental program development.
- Coordinate and mentors student interns.
- Demonstrate ability to use observational, verbal or manual determinations to assess function of the musculoskeletal or neuromuscular system relative to physical therapy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of treatment/prevention of any disability, injury, disease of other condition of health.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and carry out planned physical therapy interventions for identified impairment, functional limitations and disabilities
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Should be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Communicate with patients, caregivers, physicians, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university for Physical Therapy.
- Florida Physical Therapist License
- BLS from American Heart Association.
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-###-####.
Associated topics: inpatient, lactation, movement disorder, physical, physical therapist, physical therapy, rehab, therapist, therapist outpatient, therapist physical
DOCTORS CLINIC/ EMPLOYMENT
Witham Memorial Hospital
North Country Hospital
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Reliant Medical Group
Supplemental Health Care