Registered Nurse Manager- Neurology Unit Elk Grove Village, IL
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by AMITA Health
RN Mgr-Nursing - Neurology Unit 002 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABMC - Elk Grove Village,IL
Weekdays, possibly some weekend shifts. Eight hours per day with no set timing of start and end to each day.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health ( ) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of acute care experience.
- Some type of managerial experience such as Charge RN is preferred.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, coronary, infusion, intensive, maternal, nurse clinical, recovery, registered nurse, tcu