Clinical Data Specialist
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Peraton
We are seeking a Clinical Data Manager/Ophthalmology Technician in Alexandria, VA to manage delivery of high quality data for our Vision Center of Excellence customer. In this role, you will enter abstracted data into the Defense and Veterans Eye Injury Vision Registry (DVEIVR) based on business rules, procedural requirements and individual judgment in applying those requirements for the Data Abstraction Support Services Project (DAS Project).
What you'll do...
- Perform data abstraction with 98% accuracy rate. Process, track, and validate data accurately and on time, in accordance with data processing and entry instructions
- Meet weekly abstraction production requirements and submit weekly reports reflecting production
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to federal regulations, Good Clinical Data Abstraction Practices, as well as SOPs and Working Instructions
- Manage patient information according to privacy and security regulations including but not limited to HIPAA and The HITECH ACT and according to project-specific privacy and security policies and procedures
- Produce reports for special projects as needed
- Identify and document improvement areas of abstraction procedures
- Develop and maintain good communications and working relationships within project staff and management team
- Communicate key project issues to management
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've spent 2+ years in ophthalmology or optometry
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Health Sciences
- You can obtain and maintain a position of Public Trust which requires US Citizenship
- Have an MS in health-related field, and 4+ years relevant experience
- Have a JCAHPO certification of COA, COT, or COMT
- Previous experience supporting a Government and/or Department of Defense customer.
- Active Public Trust security clearance
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and be able to show proof of U.S. citizenship and U.S. residency
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: case manager, case management, development, development manager, liaison, manage, office manager, project, program management, project management