Surgical Technician - SIGN ON BONUS
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
The Surgical Technician functions, under the supervision of a registered nurse, to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function under the supervision of the surgeon and the RN to ensure that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Assist in nursing care and preparation of surgical patients by performing of routine duties according to set hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique.
- Utilize the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures and implementation of tools and techniques to facilitate a physicians performance of invasive and diagnostic procedures across all surgical specialties.
- Assist with the orientation of new employees as observed by nursing staff.
- Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
- Recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication between him or herself, the charge nurse, the patient, other staff, physicians, and other hospital departments.
- Graduate of an Operating Room Technology program OR One year prior experience
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Certified Surgical Technologist preferred
- Must meet minimum experience requirement and fulltime hours to be eligible for signing bonus
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-###-####.
Associated topics: ascp, laboratory, medical technologist, mls, molecular, scientist, services, surgical technologist, technician iv, technician laboratory