Senior Global Account Manager
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Ecolab
The Food & Beverage Global Solution Sr Global Accounts Manager (Sr GAM) is responsible for managing and growing select global customers within an identified business segment. The Sr GAM ensures that on-going relationships are maintained with customers while maximizing Ecolab s offerings and profitability. The key objective of the Sr GAM is to demonstrate the Ecolab promise and the value we provide as a total solutions partner clean water, safe food, abundant energy, health environment everywhere it matters.
Accountabilities & Key Internal Relationships:
The Sr GAM reports to VP Global Corporate Accounts. The Sr. GAM also has significant interaction and partnership with field sales, corporate accounts, finance and marketing across the global sector.
Account & Customer Management
- Identify key decision makers in assigned customers and develop a relationship strategy unique to each customer based on current and future needs that fosters a long-term relationship
- Serve as single point of customer contact and communicate with key internal partners to meet customers needs and improve the overall customer experience
- Partner with field sales and internal partners to quantify and monetize the value that Ecolab delivers; align value to key customer needs and drivers to strengthen customer relationships
- Accelerate profitable growth through innovative product sales, effectively demonstrating the value of Ecolab s products and services
- Develop strategies to ensure revenue and profit objectives are met
- Structure global deals that support both the needs of the customer and Ecolab
- Establish cross-divisional and cross-functional connections between Ecolab and customer counterparts to drive incremental revenue and sole-source revenue opportunities
- Surface cross selling opportunities and coordinate Ecolab resources to create total solution proposals
- BA/BS or equivalent education degree
- 10+ years corporate account sales experience in a related industry
- Sales experience with a large, global, matrixed organization
- Experience in C-suite selling
- Technical sales experience working with complex products and solution offerings and prospecting and managing large corporate customers.
- Experience managing others either directly or indirectly
- In-depth knowledge of Ecolab Industrial sector offerings and broad knowledge Ecolab capabilities; proven track record of working with field sales
- Financial acumen - Able to interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions. Understands financial drivers and how to leverage them in deal development and sales process.
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. Demonstrate resiliency, identify new opportunities, anticipate and proactively mitigate risks.
- Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies. Understands customer s strategy and plans account management activities accordingly.
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Takes responsibility and accountability to align everyone in the process.
- Manages complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. Able to quantify market potential and create a strong customer profile and enterprise sales plan.
- Global perspective - Able to take a broad view when approaching issues and use a global lens. Skilled in communicating and presenting at all levels within Ecolab and assigned customers. Able to develop effective and concise written proposals, presentations and executive summaries.
- Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Courage - Steps up to address difficult issues, says what needs to be said. Willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk.
- Builds networks. Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization. Have strong interpersonal & relationship skills, asks critical questions.
- Agility seeks feedback to improve performance, identify development activities that fulfill learning needs. Speed and agility mindset, operates with integrity, and competitive drive; intellectually curious, tenacious.
- Demonstrates Ecolab Leadership Model.