Neuro Physical Therapist - SIGNING BONUS
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
The Neuro Physical Therapist will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of the new Gloria Drummond Physical Rehabilitation Institute at BRRH, the #1 ranked hospital in Palm Beach County and #13 in the entire state of Florida. The Neuro Physical Therapist will collaborate with some of the leading physicians in the field of neuroscience and be part of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience and expertise in neurological rehabilitation. Recent experience in Outpatient/Ambulatory setting or intensive clinical affiliation caring for individuals with Stroke, TBI, MS, Parkinson's and other neurological conditions.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Learn computer program related to the type of work in the department, including Patient Care Manager, Physician's portal, PHS and Star Navigator.
- Complete appropriate and required documentation in compliance with department policy.
- Participate in relevant meetings in a contributory manner and is consistent with the pursuit of quality patient care.
- Assist in all other department functions on a daily basis and complete these tasks within department deadlines.
- Participate in and support departmental program development.
- Coordinate and mentors student interns.
- Demonstrate ability to use observational, verbal or manual determinations to assess function of the musculoskeletal or neuromuscular system relative to physical therapy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of treatment/prevention of any disability, injury, disease of other condition of health.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and carry out planned physical therapy interventions for identified impairment, functional limitations and disabilities
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Should be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Communicate with patients, caregivers, physicians, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university for Physical Therapy.
- Must have a minimum ofthree (3)years of experience in neurological rehabilitation. Prefer recent experience in Outpatient/Ambulatory setting.
- Must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for signing bonus.
- Florida Physical Therapist License
- BLS from American Heart Association.
- One of the following certifications required: Neuro Developmental Treatment Certification NDT (Adult), Neurologic Specialist Certification (APTA - NSC), LSVT, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Specialist (CSRS) and/or Multiple Sclerosis Certified Specialist
- Bioness Vector Gait & Safety System
- Bioness H200
- Bioness L300 Go
- Bioness BITS
- Natus Neurocom Balance Master
- Alter G Treadmill
- Swimex T1000 Pool
- MOTOmed viva2 Parkinson
- MOTOmed viva2 FES
- Technogym Kinesis One
- Shuttle MVP Pro
- Pilates Reformer
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-###-####.
Associated topics: clinician, inpatient, mhlb physical, movement disorder, orthopedic therapy, physical, physical therapist, physical therapy, rehab, therapist physical