Medical Technologist - Generalist - Signing Bonus
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Position:Licensed Medical Technologist
Position Summary:Analyzes and reports test data accurately in the Clinical laboratory.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Perform routine and corrective maintenance on equipment.
- Processes specimens.
- Performs automated and manual laboratory procedures following documented procedures.
- Evaluates and verifies results in the LIS.
- Document and report test data accurately and cognitively.
- Complete Quality Control requirements of the section.
- Communicate with all levels of management and patients in a respectful manner.
- Assist in the departmental orientation of new employees.
- Assume responsibility for the department/section/shift in the absence of the supervisor.
- Expected to accommodate scheduling requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory, Chemical, or Biological Science with two or more years (post-licensure) experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Florida licensed as a Medical Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology required, and Micro strongly preferred.
- Out of State Candidate; BS-MT(ASCP) required. Will be eligible for FL Licensure by completing application and submitting fee - NO TESTING required by FL Board.
- Must meet minimum experience requirements to be eligible for the sign-on bonus.
Delivering the highest quality patient care is our mission, and it's up to each and every one of us, in every department, to fulfill it. Our patient care team extends well beyond our clinicians and technologists. We all have individual roles to play; but we are all united by our common goals and shared values. It's about collaboration and individual accountability, which makes us better as professionals and as an organization.
The big difference between good and best are small details. That's why we pay unrelenting attention to clinical excellence, patient satisfaction and patient safety. Always going the extra mile for our patients and each other is what makes us a regional health care leader that delivers the highest quality patient care.
About the area...
Boca Raton, familiarly known to locals by its first name \"Boca,\" truly has it all. Beaches and golf courses; fine hotels and wondrous art museums; jazz clubs and concerts at Mizner Park; the glittery Town Center at Boca Raton shopping mall, with 220 upscale and elite specialty shops; and, elsewhere around town, countless family-owned boutiques. And let's not forget fine restaurants, some of the best in the south.
Associated topics: ascp, hematopathology, medical, medical technologist, mls, scientist, technician i, technician iv, technician laboratory, toxicology