Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Under the guidance of the registered nurse, is primarily responsible for maintaining the endoscopic equipment and assisting in maintenance of all supplies.
Position Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Have intermediate mathematical skills.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Assist in preparation, transportation and supervision of procedures and patients.
- Maintain education in Endoscopy related techniques.
- Assist with care of Endoscopy equipment to provide optimum assurance of a safe environment.
- Responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of Endoscopic Equipment according to guidelines established by the SGNA in conjunction with community standards and observed by Clinical Coordinator.
- Control and maintain equipment and supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Comply with Endoscopy policies and procedures as observed by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Anticipate the equipment needs of MD's and procedures and assist in room set-up as observed by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Promote positive interaction with customers with emphasis on meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Identify potential problems, exerts initiative to prevent and solve as observed by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Train and orient new personnel.
- Write routine correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication between his or herself, the Clinical Coordinator, the patient, other staff, physicians and other hospital departments.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND
- One to three months' related Endoscopy experience and/or training
*The person in this location will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season.As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-###-####.
Associated topics: ascp, blood collection, hematopathology, medical, microbiology, mlt, sample collection, technician laboratory, technologist, toxicology