Transformational Leadership - Financial Crimes Manager 2
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of business and at all levels. Success comes from inviting and incorporating diverse perspectives.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Operations group is responsible for key functions critical to achieving the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo. Operations provides foundational banking services for many businesses across the enterprise. We strive to attract, develop, motivate, and retain the best team members - and collaborate across businesses and functions to serve customers. From protecting customers from fraud to assisting bankers with opening new deposit accounts, from enabling companies to wire funds to processing millions of transactions accurately and timely each day, the critical work our team does creates the experience customers have with Wells Fargo. The work we do directly impacts Wells Fargo's ability to attract and retain customers. Together, with our valued partners, we strive to provide an outstanding customer experience across our business every day.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation Fraud and Claims Management (PVSI FCM) team partners with product, channel, risk and technology teams to develop and provide secure, reliable, scalable and customer friendly prevention, investigation and claims services that protect customers and Wells Fargo from fraud losses. The team reviews account activity and high-risk transactions to prevent victim and perpetrator fraud, processes check fraud and Automated Clearing House (ACH) claims, investigates and resolves customer disputes (fraud and non-fraud) on all transaction types and manages all Wells Fargo identity theft cases.
Are you interested in a transformational leadership position in Fraud Prevention and Detection to help protect customers and drive innovative business solutions? Victim Fraud Detection, part of the Risk Operations Fraud Prevention Services team, is seeking a dynamic manager with proven leadership, operations, financial, business management/process improvement and strong team member engagement skills to be a part of the management team.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate structure, managing controls and oversight for the Atlanta Customer Fraud Detection team. The role will be managing and directing a 6 person Supervisory team with total of approximately 90 team members.
This position is responsible for reviewing posted Inclearing Fraud account activity for potential fraud and corresponding restraint reject evaluation on day 3 and beyond. The role is also responsible for managing the Customer Support team which houses all risk and specialty processes for the 3 site network to include Complaint Management, UAR processing and specialty account handling (Wealth/Mid-day/ ROFPS Returns Support). It is a two shift environment responsible for all outbound and inbound call contact success.
This Manager will deploy the strategy for the Customer Fraud Detection Operations Team and its core areas of focus. This position will identify ways to enhance controls, streamline operations and delivery to improve the customer experience, enable business growth and ensure customer trust. This position will partner with strategy teams to protect our inclearing customers from fraud and ensure they have exceptional experiences across multiple touch points.
Other responsibilities include:
- Site and functional accountability for the financial and operational performance, including budget forecasting and variance justification
- Providing input into the development and implementation of longer-term strategies specific to Customer Fraud Detection
- Directing, coaching and driving team performance to accomplish goals and exceed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Analyzing service standards, fraud trends and emerging issues to identify and develop new business strategies
- Leading the team and business through change while effectively accomplishing goals, effectively leveraging resources and ensuring compliance with government regulations and company policies.
This manager will bring strong transformational leadership, relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: fraud, Bank Secrecy Act, anti money laundering, investigations of financial crimes transactions or policy violations, risk management, or compliance
- 2+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated change management skills with ability to successfully transform a team while delivering superior results and execution
- Experience with mid to large-scale process transformation initiatives
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Experience recognizing structural issues, cross-silo redundancies, and functional interdependencies within a large organization
- Experience managing exempt level supervisors and individual contributors as direct reports
- Strong leadership experience including: directing and delegating activities of team members, performance management, career development, coaching, mentoring, and succession planning
- Previous experience and accountability for financial and operational performance, including budget forecasting and variance justification
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience creating and executing innovative operational business strategies, processes and policies, along with the proven ability to drive execution / translate strategies into specific goals, action plans and deliverables
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization and develop collaborative partnerships across the enterprise
- Experience working effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Proven proficiency in working and influencing within a matrixed environment to build effective cross business partnerships within all levels of executives and team members
- Knowledge and understanding of fraud risk and mitigation: strategies to reduce or mitigate loss and fraud exposure
- A deep understanding of ever-evolving governance processes and regulatory environments including experience in working with internal risk/compliance and external regulators.
- Experience in the implementation of multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects with the understanding of the business and technology interdependencies
- Skilled at presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
..... click apply for full job details