Surgery RN (Full Time Day - New Joint Center LaGrange GREAT SIGN ON BO
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by AMITA Health
RN-Operating Room - Surgery 001 - Full-Time,Day - ALMH - La Grange,IL
Amazing opportunities for highly trained professionals
- Monday Friday. Day shift hours. No weekend shifts.
- Minimal on call. No holidays.
- Brand-new facilities, with major investments in technology.
- Sign-on bonuses up to $10,000 (must have 1+ year experience as an OR Registered Nurse).
AMITA Health ( ) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: asn, care unit, coronary, domiciliary, intensive care, maternal, nurse, psychiatric, tcu, transitional