Manager, Coding SIGN ON BONUS
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
The coding manager provides oversight and management to the inpatient and outpatient coding staff. The manager works with the coding staff to ensure accuracy and integrity of all coding. The manager supports the lead coders in all of their responsibilities. The manager will consistently monitor and maintain targets for all KPI initiatives.
Position Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Have strong knowledge of all coding related code sets
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding and abstracting for all inpatient and outpatient services
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable hospital systems including but not limited to the Electronic Health Record, Encoder, Computer Assisted Coding and financial systems
- Maintain up-to-date coding related policies and procedures
- Monitor and maintain work flow resulting in timely completion of coding processes to minimize DNFC and DNFB
- Participate in Department and Interdepartmental Performance Improvement Programs to improve organizational effectiveness and services.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development, implementation, and evaluation of services for areas of responsibility in the department.
- Proactively and actively participate in the management of the Health Information Management Department in a participatory management method with the Director and other Department Managers.
- Responsible for the completion and monitoring of timely coding, abstracting and DRG assignment within four days of the patient's discharge or visit.
- Associate's degree from a college or university
- Graduate of an AHIMA recognized program
- Five or more years of inpatient and outpatient coding experience
- At least two years of management experience in healthcare setting
- CCS certification or RHIT
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-###-####.