Behavioral Health Access RN - Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health - Hof
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by AMITA Health
RN Coord-Bed Mgmt - Patient Access Admitting 002 - Part-Time,Night - AMITA Health ABBHH - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health ( ) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Coordinates a centralized bed management system to facilitate efficient admissions and transfers, optimize occupancy and avoid delays in service.
- Communicates with clinical staff to determine status of pending discharges, transfers and bed availability and plans bed assignments accordingly.
- Reviews all admissions and transfers for clinical/unit appropriateness and medical necessity. Takes appropriate action in the event criteria are not met or appropriate resources are not available.
- Provides direction and support to admissions coordinators to ensure efficient patient access and flow.
- Analyzes bed management data, identifies issues and potential resolutions and prepares reports for executive review.
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, hospice, infusion, intensive care, maternal, nurse clinical, recovery, tcu, transitional, unit