Sr. Account Manager
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Ecolab
What s in it For You:
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Develop your career as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue. Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Champion innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Champion.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations; identify unmet customer needs.
- Assist with collection of samples and conduct laboratory analysis.
- Monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports.
- Show initiative by bringing new ideas and technologies to the district.
- Collaborate in cross-functional projects within Nalco Champion, promoting the transfer of knowledge as well as the delivery of innovative processes and programs.
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high
- Bachelor s Degree
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- Must have a valid Driver s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 7 years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Previous Refinery/Petrochemical experience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multitask