Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
The Software Development Engineer will work with a small team focused on delivering product to market for the Retirement and Income Solutions business. Specifically the person will have the opportunity work across various technologies - JAVA, .Net, Cognos, Oracle, SQLServer in a changing landscape. The person should be comfortable tackling different technologies, new integrations, and should value solving problems and pursuing best practices.
- Execute tasks across the software development lifecycle using a variety of methodologies - Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Work with business and technology groups to refine requirements, functional design, use-cases and/or user stories.
- Analysis, design and development of full-stack applications using JAVA or .Net including unit tests, integration tests and associated documentation
- Ensure code meets best practices for security, scalability, maintainability and testability and relevant coding standards
- Promote best practices, open communication and deliver great solutions
- Develop new systems from ground up to meet business needs and work on maintenance backlog and technical currency projects for existing systems.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
· +3 years software development using JAVA (8-9), and/or .Net and related frameworks
· +3 years software development of green field / new systems development
· +2 years software development using Agile methodologies
· +2 years Full-stack development experience
· +2 years SQL experience in any of the following: MS SQLServer, Oracle, PostGRESql
· Ability to work independently in a team environment
· Excellent communication, creativity and problem solving skills
· Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
· Experience in the insurance industry
· Experience creating data models & ER diagrams
· Deployment automation
· Shell scripting
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: []