Oncology Nurse - Part Time Nights
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Sunrise Hospital
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital have once again been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Las Vegas metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report! Sunrise is thrilled and honored to have been named the top hospital in Las Vegas both times U.S. News has released its regional rankings. Additionally, Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital has been voted Nevada's Consumer Choice Hospital for fifteen consecutive years is the result of the commitment our physicians, staff and volunteers have to providing the highest quality care and service to our community. For additional information about our hospital, please visit and learn more about the care and services provided by the facility and our community involvement. Sunrise is a 730+bed facility, we are the largest HCA facility, as well as being the largest in the State of Nevada. We are a Trauma II Level Medical Center.
Position: Oncology RN - Part Time Nights
Specifics on the Adult Oncology Services Unit :
- 22 private rooms on the 4th floor of Tower II on the Sunrise campus
- Sleep area for a family member in every patient room
- All rooms wired for telemetry monitoring
- Aesthetically pleasing environment with a quiet, secluded feeling that offers warmth and comfort to patients and visitors
- An experienced staff knowledgeable in the latest treatments, techniques and patient amenities
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator and volunteers on-site as needed to assist patients and their families throughout their hospital stay
- Open during visiting hours
- Chemotherapy administered by registered nurses with specialized training
- Clinical pharmacists are specially trained in chemotherapy
- Urology Certified Registered Nurse
- A Cancer Resource Center that provides information on diagnosis and treatment for patients and their families
- All rooms have wi-fi connectivity
- Our Cancer Care program at Sunrise is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the Commission on Cancer as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program (the only such program in Las Vegas), which means our program meets stringent criteria for services and quality
- Utilizing the nursing process, provides care for patients with cancer.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Cares for patients requiring long term pain management.
- Cares for patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Note: Please complete the online assessment that was sent to your e-mail upon submission of your employment application. If you do not see this in your regular, e-mail please check your spam folder.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
EDUCATION: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification were required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS;
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
EXPERIENCE: Current acute clinical care experience preferred
LICENSURE: Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
AGE SPECIFIC DATA: Maintains current knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and
Demonstrates the ability to incorporate knowledge into nursing process.