Neuro Stroke RN - Full Time
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Sunrise Hospital
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital have once again been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Las Vegas metropolitan area by U.S. News and World Report! Sunrise is thrilled and honored to have been named the top hospital in Las Vegas both times U.S. News has released its regional rankings. Additionally, Sunrise Hospital and Sunrise Children's Hospital has been voted Nevada's Consumer Choice Hospital for fifteen consecutive years is the result of the commitment our physicians, staff and volunteers have to providing the highest quality care and service to our community. For additional information about our hospital, please visit and learn more about the care and services provided by the facility and our community involvement. Sunrise is a 730+bed facility, we are the largest HCA facility, as well as being the largest in the State of Nevada. We are a Trauma II Level Medical Center.
Registered Nurse General - Neuro Stroke Services - Full Time Days
The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Note: Please complete the online assessment that will be sent to your e-mail upon submission of your employment application. If you do not see this in your regular, e-mail please check your spam folder.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS;
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
Current acute clinical care experience preferred
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice