PACU RN - Full Time
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Sunrise Hospital
DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
Specialty Certification where required; example:
Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS; CPR required
Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
2 years of PACU or equivalent current Critical Care experience required or
minimum of one semester as a Sunrise surgical services Nurse Apprentice.
Current Nevada license to practice Nursing
Independently maintains license
Acquires required contact hours to maintain practice
AGE SPECIFIC DATA:
Maintains current knowledge of the principles of growth and development over
the life span and demonstrates the ability to incorporate knowledge into nursing