Regional Medical Center of San Jose - New Grad RN - StaRN
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Regional Medical Center of San Jose
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a county-designated Level II Trauma Center staffed by in house specialists 24/7/365. The hospital provides a host of technologically advanced services including Cardiovascular, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology, along with multi-organ cancer care, and services for Women and Children.
- Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- county designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center
- ACoS accredited Community Cancer Center
- designated Lung Cancer Screening Center
- a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO)
- and certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis Care.
Accelerate your nursing career by joining our Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN) program! We invite new graduate registered nurses to apply for a unique opportunity to have didactic and clinical training in Medical/Surgical or Critical Care units at Regional Medical Center depending on needs of the facility.
In our StaRN program, you will receive the education and support necessary to develop the judgment, skill and knowledge you will need to become the highest caliber nurse. During the StaRN program, you will work with instructors to complete class assignments, skills training, exercises and relevant testing. Then, you will work with your preceptor during the preceptorship that follows and have the opportunity to be receive mentoring by the best, most highly educated and trained nurses within our facilities.
First 5 to 9 weeks: Monday-Friday, Days, with intermittent home study days.
*Didactic and Simulation training provided at an off-site location.
Remainder of the program: 7 to 8 week preceptorship in the unit you have been hired into.
NOTE: Please make sure that you complete the online survey to avoid delays.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- This is for graduates within the previous 12 - 18 months
- Candidates may not have previous acute care experience
- Independently maintains license
- Acquires required contact hours to maintain license
- Must be licensed by the state of California prior to scheduling an interview
- Training will include BLS/ACLS certification
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Acceptance into the program requires a two-year commitment to Regional Medical Center