Emergency Room Nurse CC - Sign On Bonus/Relocation Available
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Sunrise Hospital
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
Position: Registered Nurse Critical Care - Emergency Services - Full Time Mixed
Adult ED Department Information:
37 Beds (Including Fast Track), plus a DOU/CPU, Observation Units, Sepsis area, Medical treatment area, Vertical Treatment area
• Sepsis area is new within the department
• High Acuity
• Level II Trauma Center
• Average of over 300 patient visits per day
• Computerized Charting
• Very fast paced with 1 hour turnaround time for admitted patients to be
moved upstairs and 25 minutes to discharge
when orders received
• Excellent Leadership and Staff to work with, very fast pace
• Must be flexible, dependable, great attitude, team environment
• Twelve hours shifts
• Paramedics, Concierges, C.N.A.'s, and Lab Assistants support the nurses
and the department
T he Registered Nurse performs the active nursing process consisting of the
functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients.
May assume the role as Team Leader for part or duration of shift
NOTE: Upon submitting your application, you will receive an online assessment, this must be completed one time per year, even if you apply to multiple positions.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada.
- ACLS, BLS, NIHSS certifications required
- Passing score on Critical Care Test and Rhythm interpretation examination.
- CEN preferred.
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of patient population served.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to patient rights in the delivery of care.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Recent appropriate nursing practice in the patient population areas to be served.
- Ability to participate in considerable walking and standing, moderate lifting, and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents.
- Must meet clinical standards specific to the assigned patient care area (specialty unit employees for areas such as Emergency Room or ICU).