Cleaning Attendant at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by Delaware North
I work in the most incredible setting on earth where exhilaration and relaxation meet, and timeless memories are made! If you want this to be YOUR saying, if the smell of evergreen trees and being in the great outdoors appeals to you, then let your adventure begin here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA.
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and upscale dining. We focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences! Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team where YOU make the difference!The Opportunity
Perform any combination of light cleaning duties around the hotel, both inside and out. Duties may include, but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, mopping, sweeping and restroom cleaning in both the front and back of the house. This position will also be responsible for assisting in our employee housing area with cleaning and laundry duties and needs to be flexible regarding scheduling.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
• Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
• Clean restrooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
• Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas. Distribute all recyclables into proper containers.
• Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
• Replenish supplies, such as linens, writing supplies, bathroom amenities, toilet paper, tissue, etc.
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
• Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
• Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
• Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors, using brooms, mops, or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
• Check the perimeters of the building for cleanliness. Sweep as needed, remove debris/trash, clean windows/glass, vacuum rugs, clean light fixtures, etc. Anything within approximately 20 feet of the building should be cleaned, organized and made to appear guest ready.
• Assist in cleaning and laundry in employee housing as needed.
• Ability to be at work regularly and on time.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: 6 plus months of experience in housekeeping preferred
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder C
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs F
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less C
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - Radio/Telephone/Guests
• Sense of Smell
• Sense of Touch
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Will vary
• Sense of Balance
Will vary depending on section assignment and current weather conditions. Weather conditions may include, but not limited to snow, rain, sleet, hail, wind, sun, shade, cool, warm. Due to the location of the property in the mountains, some sections may include traversing hills and/or slopes. Also inside a controlled atmosphere building. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000 feet.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.