Manager, Customer Support Solutions (Cary, NC)
Posted on Apr 10, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition: The Global Customer Solutions (GCS) group provides a consistent service experience for all MetLife customers, which includes driving a superior customer service experience and transforming our contact centers.
Global Customer Solutions provides outstanding Sales and Customer Service support for key insurance and protection products within the Global business, and drives contact center transformation and digital servicing channels globally.
As the Manager of Customer Support Solutions, you will play a key function in driving and developing plans to transform while protecting and supporting the end customer experience. Working with internal and external stakeholders, this role is also responsible for achieving performance objectives.
- Management of key operational processes, support and enablement of customer and user set up and optimization. Initiate a process to partner with the business on transformational changes, customer experience improvements and system enhancements to further automate processes to drive efficiencies; establish monthly release process.
- Provide vast subject matter expertise of our current and deploying capabilities and processes by providing internal support through education, communication and training. Establish best-practice methodologies based on metrics-based KPIs for incident management in global, high-volume, high-availability, critical production environment. Develop, manage and lead continuous process improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain GCS policies, procedures, and training / adoption plans.
- Identify, collect, and analyze operations performance data, market research, and other related data to improve performance and provide system change recommendations. Introduce and sustain change across multiple disciplines.
- Develop and deploy internal controls and organizational metrics dashboards per business needs. Design, improve and integrate Internal Process Plans for compliance/regulated environments. Integrate process solutions across multiple business functions.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience with 8 years of experience in various business/technology roles with progressive responsibilities in the customer productivity enablement solutions function (Omni channel or similar, digital web applications and services, Program and Process Improvement Management).
- Demonstrated experience managing complex business processes, technology and change programs across a matrixed organization for a Fortune 500 company. Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values. Able to operate effectively in a highly matrix environment.
- Problem-solver with the ability to translate qualitative and quantitative information into actionable recommendations. Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Develops talent for the future. Customer-service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization. Ability to work independently with flexibility and focus in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access. Experienced with technology portfolio and risk management tools and data facilities.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years in various business/technology roles with progressive responsibilities in the customer productivity enablement solutions function.
Up to 25%
GCS - Platform Management
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.